Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Roland system 8 review: What a monumental piece of crap, it's a JDXA in designees! an excuse to use parts left over!

I have a problem

Beyond all rational reasoning, every few months I find myself lusting after a Roland JDXA, I usually tell myself "It's not as bad as you remember, you need it" Then I go down to the music store play it and am shocked yet again  at how horrible it sounds

Yesterday was one of those days,

And it may be the last of my JDXA fetish parties, I doubt I'll be able to forget how terrible the oscillators sound on their own this time, how Roland has tried to dress it up with lots of effects and flashing lights to distract the would-be sucker from parting with their cash, but this time EVERYTIME i had played it came rushing back and I just had to admit, "This thing sucks, I can't buy it, it's garbage"

Somewhat disappointed by my lack of  G.A.S targets I looked around the synth room until my eyes spied a strange thing right next to me, it was another JDXA but with no color?

Wait! It's the system 8!

"Wow" I thought "They put it in exactly the same casing as the JDXA, I mean exactly the same, when the JDXA became a flop I believe they used left over parts to construct it, and as far as other features go...the should have just painted "RUSH JOB" on it somewhere. I mean good god, they just dumped everything they could into it, it's a JDXA without the crappy analog but WITH the crappy system 1 plug-out (WTF it's NOT clever) stuff and pretty much any Roland gimmick going around these days, it's a hodge podge of Roland tricks, a stew made of all thier left overs to compensate for thier failed flagship JDXA.

I moved over to play it and couldn't belive how weakly constructed it is, absoloute junk! Then I played and I'll be dammed if it doesn't sound and feel EXACTLY like the JDXA but with a pressence boot in the high mids, I flipped through patches, more gimmicks, roland will not give you any naked waves because if they do, they get exposed for the crappy sounds they make.

Looking back and forth between the syntths it was beyond obvious one had been thrown toether to replace the other after the first one failed to sell, This second synth being nothing but a repainted frankenstien, it's a GAIA and JDXA smashed together into one toy-like plasit box, pathetic.

These are 90's synths folks. VA carbon copy crap that just doesn't cut it today analog is back and that's the way it should be,

For some  bizarre reason Roland REFUSES to accept that their ACB tech, which if the truth is to be told should be called:, "Sound, the cheapest way possible"   stinks up this joke of a Casio and any other synth unlucky enough to inherit it. Sitting in a room full of new generation  analogs it is obvious how pitifully antiquated this system 8 is

Oh, by the way, it's going to fail. It,s no better than the JDXA and will not get anyone at this price point,

Roland threw a lot behind 909 day and tryings to get the public back on thier side, but the damage done from the phony products they are trying to scam us with will not easily be repaired,

I honestly wonder what Roland as a company does next, consumer confidence will be in the negative numbers.

To Roland I say : I don't know what you have agaist analog, but soon you will have no choice, these toys aren't fooling anyone

1 comment:

  1. Ha, the problem is that the high end analog stuff is shit too! It's antiquated crap that hasn't sounded new or interesting since 1975. I can't think of anything more boring than fucking with an overpriced 3 oscillator, 8 voice rehash of antiquated technology. In this case old is not good, it's just boring.

    ReplyDelete